Refinishing Project Explodes

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

Before you starting a home project involving chemicals, consider what happened in the town of Independence, Iowa Thursday. A house was destroyed while the homeowners were refinishing the floors.

Neighbors reporting hearing an explosion and then aw the flames. Firefighters, who were just one minute away, found the house fully engulfed when they arrived.

Investigators say the homeowners left to run some errands while re-finishing the floors. It appears something ignited the fumes. Strong wind caused more trouble for the firefighters. They hosed off nearby homes to keep the fire from spreading.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 130872133 - wowt.com/a?a=130872133
Gray Television, Inc.