Another rape allegation has been made against Christopher Ennis. The most recent victim to step forward says that Ennis grabbed her while she was walking, took her to a secluded area and raped her. The victim also tells police that Ennis stole money and a cell phone from her during the February, 2012 attack.
This brings the number of victims that allege Ennis attacked them to eight with seven charges of rape and one of attempted rape.
Christopher Ennis appeared in court on October 22, and waived his right to a preliminary hearing, which means he will stand trial.
Ennis is charged with six counts of first degree sexual assault a count of assault by strangulation and a count of attempted sex assault. He will remain in custody until his trial; so far, a date has not yet been set.
The cases date back to 2009, but it wasn't until he allegedly raped a woman on September 9, 2013 that all of the cases were tied together. The 37-year-old victim told WOWT 6 News that she was walking home when a man grabbed her from behind and threw her in his car. She said he drove to a secluded, wooded area, near 27th and Wirt Streets, where she was strangled, lost consciousness and raped.
The most recent charge filed against Ennis took place in September 2011. The victim reported the incident in the area of 24th and Pratt.
Prosecutors have said DNA from rape kids linked Ennis to the crimes.
So far, police have not yet released Ennis' mugshot, in case other victims may still come forward.