New pre-trial hearings are set for three former workers accused of abusing residents at a Nebraska center for developmentally disabled adults.
Carmen Yates, Matthew Pangborn, Matthew Johnson and two others were charged after an investigation last year found residents at the Beatrice Sate Developmental Center were beat, pushed, pinched and choked, often until they fell unconscious.
KWBE radio in Beatrice says new pre-trial conference dates were set during hearings on Monday in Gage County District Court. Pangborg's pre-trial conference is June 14, with Johnson's on June 15 and Yates' on June 18.
Two others charged in the case, Cameron Barnes and Cody Creek, have pleaded not guilty.
Trials are set for July 9 for everyone but Creek. County Attorney Roger Harris says the case against Creek warrants further investigation.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.