Lincoln authorities have confirmed the death of one person after a fire that destroyed a mobile home.
Police Sgt. Teresa Hruza told the Lincoln Journal Star that the other resident of the home was in critical condition at a Lincoln hospital.
Their names are not being released until their families have been notified.
Fire crews were dispatched to the home at 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Fire inspector Damon Robbins says a smoldering cigarette set a couch aflame.
Judith Angel lives across the street from where the fire occurred. She says the "very nice" couple who lived there had been her neighbors there for at least 20 years.