Daniel Mangiameli, accused of sexually assaulting two young boys, admits to having relationships with at least 20 boys over a period of 3 decades.
In a jailhouse interview, the 62-year-old said he had "sensual relationships" with the boys. He thought he wasn't doing anything wrong, but society interprets his actions as criminal.
"The cherishing was there, the love was there, the care was there, but was it something that was wrong against our rules in society today, yes. How I felt in my heart I didn't feel that," Mangiameli explained.
He's accused of sexually assaulting two boys who were 12-years-old when the incidents occurred. They happened from 2008 until 2012.
Mangiameli also admitted to taking nude photos and videos of boys saying,” Nothing was ever sold there was no profit or anything. They were memories."
He was arrested in early March in Port Isabel, Texas and was recently extradited to Omaha.
"Am I sorry? Of course I am. I'm sorry for anyone who's had hardships or hurts or sadnesses of any relationship that I’ve had," Mangiameli noted.
WOWT Channel 6 News previously spoke with another alleged victim, John Hardman, who said Mangiameli sexually assaulted him back in 1993. He says he was looking for work, not love and affection.
"Just because he says that he's sorry, but at the same time to say he didn't feel like he did anything wrong and that it's society that makes it a crime. No it's a crime, what you did is a crime," Hardman described.
Mangiameli says he wants to plead no contest to his charges to keep the boys from having to testify.
Channel 6 News spoke with the mother of one of the recent victims. She says Mangiameli became obsessive with her son, and that he was "brainwashed" by the 62-year-old man. She says her son now has to go to counseling.
Mangiameli was already being held on $500,000 bond. Tuesday, he received a $100,000 bond for the three additional charges that were filed recently.
Designed by Gray Digital Media