Fire officials say a fire at a Lincoln housewares retail store was caused by a malfunctioning heater.
A city fire investigator had initially said the Saturday fire at Bed Bath & Beyond was suspicious.
But Lincoln Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief Pat Borer tells the Lincoln Journal Star (http://bit.ly/wKMgag) that officials determined the heater was to blame.
Initial damage estimates totaled about $50,000, with most of the fire damage confined to the lobby and water and smoke damage incurred inside the store. The store has since reopened.