Lightning May Have Sparked Blaze

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

Lightning may be to blame for a Papillion house fire Wednesday morning.

Flames were shooting through the roof with thick smoke as firefighters arrived near 132nd and Mercury, just south of Highway 370, around 1:30 a.m.

Residents said they heard a loud bang and the house shook.

Damage to the roof and upper level was estimated at about $100,000. Nobody was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 223270741