LFD: Aerial Shell Causes House Fire

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

According to Lincoln Fire & Rescue, a firework is to blame for a house fire Thursday afternoon.

Around 1:45 p.m., 21 firefighters responded to the fire.

Battalion Chief Leo Benes said a neighbor saw that the roof of the carriage house of fire. Benes said the roof is composed of shake cedar shingles, a material that when ignited, the fire can spread easily.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire within 30 minutes. No one was home at the time of the fire.

Fire inspector Donald Gross determined an aerial shell caused the fire.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 214328461 - wowt.com/a?a=214328461
Gray Television, Inc.