House Fire Linked To Burning Cigarette

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

Lincoln Fire and Rescue says a cigarette may be to blame for a house fire in the 5000 block of Francis Street on Sunday.

The Initial call to 911 came from the resident about 9 p.m. The woman said she had self evacuated after seeing the fire.

An LFR official said when they arrived, there was a lot of smoke pouring from the house and some fire visible in the rear of the house. Crews worked quickly and in less than five minutes of applying water to the flames, the fire was out.

Fire inspectors are investigating the cause of the fire, though they say it may have started from a cigarette.

There is believed to be lots of smoke damage and the resident was forced to relocate until the interior of the house can be assessed.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 248174121 -
Gray Television, Inc.