Gov. Terry Branstad signed 13 bills into law on Wednesday.
1. House File 152 An act relating to drainage or levee districts by providing for agreements with owners of land located within districts, providing for the management of districts by a board of trustees, and including effective date provisions.
2. House File 211 An act requiring in-state construction contracts and disputes thereof to be governed by Iowa law and including effective date provisions.
3. House File 454 An act relating to education by modifying the duties and operations of the department of education, community colleges, the school budget review committee, and local school boards, and eliminating a reporting requirement relating to vocational education funds.
4. House File 524 An act relating to city utilities and city enterprises by making changes to requirements related to commercial rental property.
5. House File 556 An act relating to statutory corrections which may adjust language to reflect current practices, insert earlier omissions, delete redundancies and inaccuracies, delete temporary language resolve inconsistencies and conflicts, update ongoing provisions, or remove ambiguities.
6. House File 613 An act relating to the war orphans educational assistance fund by transferring the money in the fund to the veterans trust fund and transferring duties for providing educational assistance to orphaned children of veterans to the commission on veterans affairs.
7. House File 630 An act providing a sales tax exemption on hydroelectricity conversion property.
8. Senate File 445 An act relating to the transfer of real estate and the filing of a mortgage release certificate, providing for a fee and making remedies applicable, and including effective date provisions.
9. Senate File 368 An act relating to the consumer credit code by modifying to the federal truth in lending act.
10. Senate File 358 An act concerning title to real estate.
11. Senate File 224 An act relating to the period of validity of driver’s licenses and nonoperator’s identification cards, the fee charged for the issuance of duplicate driver’s licenses and nonoperator’s identification cards, and including effective date provisions.
12. Senate File 202 An act relating to programs and services under the purview of the department of public health.
13. Senate File 115 An act relating to intermediate driver’s licenses and special minor’s licenses, making a penalty applicable, and including effective date provisions.