Two people are rushed to the hospital with major burn injuries after a fireworks explosion near 58th and Stockwell streets at about 10:30 Tuesday night.
According to Lincoln Fire and Rescue Assistant Chief Pat Borer, crews arrived to find a large group of people surrounding one person lying on the ground.
"They were using fireworks they bought to try and make something bigger," said Borer.
He said during the process, the explosive material ignited and exploded.
Borer said two men were taken to Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center after suffering second- and third-degree burns from the explosion. One other person was driven in a private vehicle to another area hospital.