Firefighters Extinguish Corn Crib Fire

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

Firefighters headed out to a farm in Minden, Iowa Friday morning to put out a fire in a corn crib.

They think it may have started from an electrical short. When they arrived, sparks were shooting out from that building.

The homeowners live in a house that's separate from that corn crib, but the fire was so hot that some of the siding on their home was melted. The homeowners made it out safely.

Crews contained the fire in about 25 minutes.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 194170901 - wowt.com/a?a=194170901
Gray Television, Inc.