Burned Out Family Needs Help

By: Chase Moffitt, John Chapman, Brian Mastre Email
By: Chase Moffitt, John Chapman, Brian Mastre Email

A family forced out of their apartment by a fire earlier this month is in need of help.

The blaze broke out on the afternoon of January 4th at Plaza 93 West Apartments near North 93rd and Bedford Avenue, northwest of 90th and Maple.

Julie Klabunde-Jones, a diabetic, says she passed out from her medication while preparing food and when she awoke the apartment was in flames. Grease on the stove had ignited the fire.

Julie was able to escape with her 2-month-old daughter L'laiah and with the help of firefighters.

She and fiancé Kenya Andrews are in need of many things since most of their belongings were damaged or destroyed. Anyone able to help is asked to call 402-933-4906.

They're appreciative of the assistance already received. “Thank goodness for everybody that helped out that day," said Andrews. "No matter who or what or where they were coming from. Thank you because I almost lost my family, man. I don't know what I'd do without them."

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 185705652 - wowt.com/a?a=185705652
Gray Television, Inc.