Fire Destroys Garage

A garage destroyed by fire Friday morning west of Louisville.

The Cassgram reports the first firefighters on scene at 15410 West Northridge Drive found the structure fully involved with flames, said Louisville Fire Chief Jason McClun. There had been initial concerns that the garage was attached to the house but it was actually a detached garage. The fire was contained to the garage and there was extensive heat damage to a connecting attic area, said McClun.

There was an older model pickup in the garage.

Mutual aid calls were answered by the Springfield, Manley and Weeping Water fire departments. Water and manpower were needed.

McClun said the state fire marshal’s office investigation determined the fire probably started around a wood burning stove in the garage.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 110973954 - wowt.com/a?a=110973954