Omaha News | WOWT 6 News

Fire Forces Hotel Evacuation

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

Investigators say a fire that forced the evacuation of La Vista's Embassy Suites Hotel Tuesday night was caused by an electrical issue in the furnace. No one was hurt.

Firefighters from La Vista Omaha, Papillion and Ralston converged on the hotel at Giles Road and Interstate 80.

"You're talking a multi-story high-rise type of building,” said La Vista Fire Chief Rich Uhl. “It depletes our resources very rapidly if we have anything of any significance and so to have those other resources available on the scene and dispatched immediately gives up a big leg up."

Guests on the second floor were evacuated as firefighters extinguished the flames in a furnace room.

Glenn Moise, of Kansas City, said, “There was a bunch of activity out in the hallways and they were kind of telling everybody to get out of their rooms, so I got out and smelled a little smoke so I grabbed my backpack and iPad and got out of there.”


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 239230441 - wowt.com/a?a=239230441