Man Dies In Fire, No Smoke Alarms In House

Just after one o'clock Tuesday morning someone passing by the home at N. 7th Street and Avenue D called in the fire.

Crews quickly put out the fire in the kitchen area, but a search of the house found a man down in the back part of the home.

He was rushed to the hospital where he later died. A pet found inside the home also died.

While the investigation is ongoing, a search of the home revealed that there were no smoke detectors in the home.

WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121145649 -
Gray Television, Inc.