Residents of a south Omaha apartment building were chased out into the cold by a fire Saturday morning.
The blaze near 22nd and I streets just before 4 a.m. was found in one apartment. “Crews were able to get inside quickly and extinguish the fire," said Omaha Fire Department Battalion Chief Keith Main. "They contained the fire to the room of origin. There’s smoke damage through the apartment where the fire occurred and everyone was evacuated. There are no injuries at this time."
No word yet on what started the fire or an estimate on the amount of damage.