A shouting match erupted between supporters of two young sexual assault victims and the mother of an accused 12 year old outside Douglas County Juvenile Court Monday afternoon.
The confrontation came after a juvenile court judge ordered the 12 year old defendant be taken into custody and placed in the Youth Center. He had been released to his parents shortly after the alleged sexual assault of a five year old girl and her then six year old brother.
In court the prosecutor told the judge new evidence showed that the 12 year old boy and a 13year old boy forced the little girl to perform oral sex on them and her brother who just turned seven. The crime occurred in a drainage ditch near a neighborhood park in northwest Omaha.
They allegedly threatened to beat up the brother if the girl didn't comply.
Judge Wadie Thomas ordered everyone but the defendant and attorney's out of the courtroom when he viewed a video disk on the assault recorded by the defendants on their cell phones.
Because juvenile court separated the cases the 13 year old will have to wait for a hearing on whether he too should be returned to the Youth Center.
After court supporters of the victim accused the mother of the 12 year old defendant of attempting to confront the mother of the victims. One supporter told deputies, "She went to attack the mother and we got in the way." However the mother of the 12 year old responded by yelling, "No I didn't go to attack the mother. I told her she got what she deserved. " Or what she wanted.
The victims' mother and father have been asking that the two boys be returned to the Youth Center until the next court proceeding in about three weeks.