A little too much heat in the kitchen sent hundreds of Millard North High School students out into the bitter cold Thursday morning.
A fire alarm about 8:15 a.m. caused a brief evacuation. In an email sent to parents, principal Brian Begley said some warm baked goods just out of an oven were placed directly underneath a heat detector, setting off the alarm. “With sub-zero temperatures outside, the timing wasn’t ideal.”
The principal said all students and staff were back inside after a few minutes once the administration determined it was safe.