Health agencies are warning homeowners to search their for possible mold issues.
Mold can be a problem inside a home if mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Mold rapidly grows in carpeting and drywall that are wet.
Molds have the potential to cause health problems.
Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals.
Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash. Allergic reactions to mold are common.
Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people.
Mold grows naturally in warm, damp, humid conditions where there is little air movement and produces spores that float through the air.
We can prevent mold in our homes by fixing water problems such as roof leaks, wet basements, and leaking pipes or faucets, make sure the home is well ventilated and always use ventilation fans in bathrooms and kitchens and keep humidity in home below 50%.