Appeals Court Again Vacates Man's Convictions

By: AP Email
By: AP Email

The Nebraska Court of Appeals has again said a Lincoln man was wrongly convicted of attempting to sexually assault an underage girl.

The appeals court slammed the work of Mohammed Nadeem's trial attorney and said the jury in his case should have been allowed to consider whether Nadeem was entrapped by police.

Last year, the appeals court ordered a new trial for Nadeem because potential jurors were given numbers to use rather than their names during jury selection, saying it might have unfairly led jurors to believe Nadeem was dangerous.

But in October, the Nebraska Supreme Court reversed that decision, sending the case back to the Nebraska Court of Appeals.

On Tuesday, the appeals court said Nadeem should be immediately released from prison on an appeal bond.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 193405891 - wowt.com/a?a=193405891