Cox Classic keeps Douglas County deputies busy with special enforcement efforts around the Champions course neighborhood.
During the Cox Classic selective enforcement operations, Deputies worked approximately 133 hours of grant-funded overtime and compiled the following statistics:
• 2 Misdemeanor Arrests for Criminal Mischief
• 29 Parking Violation Citations
• 1 Speeding Citation
• 1 Traffic Signal Violation Citation
• 2 No Vehicle Registration Citations
• 2 Improper Display of License Plates Citations
• 3 Vehicles Towed / Impounded
Our selective enforcement goals were to reduce speeding, prevent drunk drivers, and to diminish the number of parking complaints in both neighborhoods. Based on statistics from the 2010 Cox Classic, the number of parking tickets issued in 2011 increased by 26%. Parking citations issued during the previous three Cox Classic tournaments (2008—2010) were 44, 51, and 23 respectively.