The Cassgram reports Plattsmouth Fire and Rescue volunteers were called to an accidental fire Saturday afternoon in Southside Mobile Home Park (1904 Lincoln Avenue).
Fire Chief Mike Wilson says the fire was contained to the outside of the trailer on lot 31. Some furniture up against the outside of the structure caught on fire. There was damage to the sheet metal of the trailer.
A juvenile was taken to Midlands Hospital to be checked out for smoke inhalation.
A state fire marshal investigator was summoned. Wilson said it can’t be said with certainty but it appears the fire started when a resident attempted to light a candle in a jar with a newspaper and discarded the newspaper out the window and onto the furniture.
The Red Cross assisted the three residents because the electricity to the structure had to be disconnected.