Looking at what's left of her former home, Cathy Smith's mind raced.
"I'm ok. I'm just a little shook up," said Smith.
She stood by and watched as 10-years of memories disappeared. As firefighters tried to save what was left of her home, Smith kept reliving what happened last.
"My son had been watching cartoons in the bedroom and he came running out saying the house was on fire."
Smith says her son started the fire by igniting a dog bed.
"I tried to get a pan to put the fire out, but the smoke and the fire got too bad. All I could do was to get him out of the house."
Firefighters arrived shortly after. As they worked feverishly, across the street, Cathy Smith kept thinking how lucky she was she made it out
"I was freaked out because I'm disabled. I don't move very fast and I had to get my son out."
Smith said her home is a total loss. She also talked about her son's reaction when she asked him about the fire.
"I tried to ask him how it started and he said the burglars did it."
Smith say even so, she'll find a teaching moment in the whole mess.
"The fireman suggested sending him a fire safety class but I hope this is an enough of an experience to scare him."