Fumes seeping into the Omnium Building at 7171 Mercy Road Wednesday morning caused the temporary evacuation of hundreds of workers and sent seven people to the hospital for treatment.
As it turned out, there was no gas leak. The fumes were from the odor that is added to gas.
Authorities initially placed the number of evacuees at 200 but a media relations spokesperson later put that total at 50 to 600.
There were no serious illnesses reported. The people were taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons.
Evacuees were allowed back in the building by 9:00 a.m.