Headlines From The News You Trust
Keep TV Free
- WOWT NBC Omaha is joining television stations across the nation in asking for your help. Congress is, right now, considering legislation that puts FREE TV in jeopardy.
Thieves Make Off With Newlyweds' Memories
- Many call their wedding day the happiest day of their lives. Those memories were taken away from one newlywed couple in a moment's work by a thief.
Restaurant Robbers Sought
Police are looking for two men who held up an Omaha restaurant at gunpoint Wednesday night.
Discount Tickets Available For A Christmas Story
- It's not a "major award," but it is a very special offer for WOWT 6 News fans: discount tickets to see A Christmas Story at The Rose.
Domestic Clash Leads to Arrest
A suspect involved in a domestic disturbance was taken into custody Wednesday on a variety of charges including unlawful discharge of a firearm. He’s identified as 31-year-old Juan Carlos Martinez-Del-Pozo.
Dodge Street Construction Fouls Traffic Flow
- Dodge Street is proving to be a challenge again this construction season. Patience and creative navigating are the keys to dodging traffic jams.
Crash Victim Believes Justice Has Been Served
- We often hear from crime victims who don't believe punishments go far enough but the victim of a drunken hit-and-run driver says that’s not true in his case.
Man Decks U.S. Marshal and then….
- A U.S. Marshal had an unexpected visitor when he recently entered Omaha Police headquarters. Police say a man was standing just inside the doorway with his hand balled up into a fist at eye level and looking at the U.S. Marshal in a menacing manner.
The Sarpy County Fair is in Motion
- The wheels are turning at the Sarpy County Fair and there are new attractions in store.
Downtown Improvement District Taps New Director
- The Omaha Downtown Improvement District has hired Holly Barrett as its new Executive Director. She comes to the organization with 14 years of experience in public relations, community advocacy and event management.
More Headlines From The News You Trust