Showers & Storms Tuesday
Posted: 7:31 AM
A slow moving line of showers & storms will move into the Omaha area late this morning and will be slow to exit.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Thieves Steal Priest's Truck & Picture Blessed By Saint John Paul II
- A priest at Holy Cross Catholic Parish told WOWT 6 News Monday thieves stole his truck and trailer, packed with belongings he was taking with him as he moved to a new city. The truck was eventually located, but his most prized possession was not.
Alleged Robber Accused of Assault
- Robbery suspect Jeneva Arias, 24, being held by Douglas County Corrections, is accused of assaulting a DCC employee on Sunday, September 28th. Arias has been linked to an alleged robber shot to death by police in August.
UPDATE: Person of Interest Sought in Missing Student Case
12 mins ago
- A person of interest is currently being sought in connection to a missing Iowa student according to investigators.
Phony Tickets for the Pumpkin Patch
- A crook is working the pumpkin patch. Phony tickets to Vala’s are making the rounds.
Young Man Hopes for Mobility in His Future
- We've heard plenty about the ice bucket challenges raising money for ALS research but one Omaha teenager can't wait for a cure. He needs a ride.
No Charges Yet For Intentional House Fire
- A South Omaha neighborhood is still furious after investigators say someone set a house on fire not once, but twice. Both fires were intentionally set.
Chicago Fire Still Affecting Eppley Service
- An intentionally set fire at an air traffic control center in Illinois Friday was still affecting Monday’s air service at Omaha’s Eppley Airfield Monday. The fire initially caused flights at O’Hare and Midway Airports in Chicago to ground to a halt.
Bank Robbery Caught on Video
- Omaha police have released surveillance video of a bank robbery. It shows two gunmen bursting into the Mutual of Omaha Bank at 90th & Bedford Avenue at 11:08 a.m. Saturday. One jumped over a counter to collect money.
New Lt. Governor Appointed
- Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman has appointed State Senator John E. Nelson of Omaha to be the state's 40th Lieutenant Governor. It will be a short stint, given the fact that term limits will be ending Heineman's governorship in a few months.
Cher Omaha Show Postponed
- An upcoming Omaha show is one of several concerts that Cher is postponing. The pop star is on the mend from recent illness but her doctors have advised additional rest.
More Headlines From The News You Trust