Headlines From The News You Trust
Pinnacle Bank Arena Celebrates Good First Year
26 mins ago
- Mayor Chris Beutler today announced that Pinnacle Bank Arena ended its first year of operation August 31 with revenue exceeding expenses by nearly $33,000. “As we promised during the Arena campaign, there will be no property tax subsidy to the operating budget,” said Beutler who chairs the three-person West Haymarket Joint Public Agency (JPA), which oversees Arena operations.
Election Season Heats Up - Iowans Ready to Hit Polls
Posted: 10:39 AM
- Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz is reminding Iowans that polls will be open for the general election from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. statewide on Tuesday, November 4.
Poll: Ernst Leads Braley By Tight Margin In Iowa Senate Race
Updated: 8:08 AM
- A new poll from Quinnipiac University shows that the Iowa U.S. Senate race is going down to the wire.
Restaurants Plan Special Family Night to Benefit Local Schools
Posted: 10:19 AM
- The Omaha locations of The Egg & I restaurants have planned a family event on Tuesday, Oct. 28, to benefit an elementary school in their neighborhoods.
5th Annual Red Kettle Run
Posted: 9:14 AM
- The first Red Kettle holiday event of the season is the Red Kettle 5K Run/Walk on Saturday, October 25, 9 a.m. at Zorinsky Lake, 156th and F Street (south pavilion entrance).
Sentences For Car Hopping
Posted: 10:45 AM
- Two men in car hopping incidents in western Cass County sentenced.
Monitoring County Employees
Updated: 10:59 AM
- Any Cass County board member can now review the GPS logs of county vehicles if they want.
Keep Your Kids Safe on Halloween
Posted: 9:20 AM
- By making small adjustments to costume and decoration choices on Halloween, the risk of fire danger and other accidents can be significantly decreased.
Mukpo Released From Nebraska Medicine Biocontainment Unit
Updated: 9:20 AM
- Ebola patient Ashoka Mukpo, now free of the Ebola virus, was released Wednesday morning from an Omaha hospital and is heading home to Providence, Rhode Island.
Update: Injured Boy Improving
- Dom Walker's family said he is improving day by day. Walker was hit by a drunk driver riding his bike to school.
More Headlines From The News You Trust