Headlines From The News You Trust
Keep TV Free
- WOWT NBC Omaha is joining television stations across the nation in asking for your help. Congress is, right now, considering legislation that puts FREE TV in jeopardy.
Update: Subject of Rough Arrest Facing Charges
Posted: 11:38 AM
- The man who was the subject of a high-profile rough arrest last year appeared in court Tuesday to charges in another case.
Update: One Wounded In Overnight Shooting
Updated: 11:30 AM
- A woman was seriously hurt in a drive-by shooting in Omaha early Tuesday morning.
Discount Tickets Available For A Christmas Story
- It's not a "major award," but it is a very special offer for WOWT 6 News fans: discount tickets to see A Christmas Story at The Rose.
First Responders Get Lesson in Preparedness
Posted: 3:50 PM
- First responders from across Nebraska gathered at the Ralston arena Tuesday to learn more about how to deal with emergencies and disasters.
Honesty Put to the Test in Omaha
Posted: 4:13 PM
- Honesty is being put to the test in downtown Omaha by a company called Honest Tea.
Mudblast 2014 Set For August 9
Posted: 4:39 PM
- A benefit for United Cerebral Palsy of Nebraska, Mudblast 2014, is set for Saturday August 9, 2014.
Grassley Supports Governor’s Request for Federal Disaster Assistance
Posted: 4:29 PM
- Sen. Chuck Grassley today asked the President to grant the request made by Gov. Terry Branstad for a declaration of a major disaster in response to damaging winds, tornados, rain accumulation, hail, and thunderstorms beginning on June 26, 2014, through July 7, 2014.
VNA Receives Over $900,000 In Funding From United Way Of The Midlands
Posted: 4:21 PM
- United Way of the Midlands has awarded Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) $927,845 in funding to support several programs in Douglas and Sarpy Counties in Nebraska and Pottawattamie County in Iowa.
Prayer Walk And Peace Rally Tonight
Posted: 4:13 PM
- Omaha 360 together with the Empowerment Network is planning a prayer walk and peace rally tonight at 36th and Jaynes in Omaha Tuesday evening.
More Headlines From The News You Trust