Headlines From The News You Trust
High School Class Raises Funds to Buy Boy a Diabetic Alert Dog
Updated: 8:54 PM
- Back in April, WOWT 6 News introduced you to a two-year-old boy in Pottawattamie County who has type 1 diabetes.
Update: Father Of Wandering Toddler Identified By Police
Updated: 6:49 PM
- Police have identified a little girl found wandering the street alone in south Omaha Wednesday morning. Later that same day, police found siblings of the girl and all the children are now in temporary foster care.
Man Who Allegedly Beat Woman To Death Headed To Trial
Updated: 6:48 PM
- John Gomez will head to trial for allegedly beating 76-year-old Mary McAndrews to death in her home in September.
Credit Card Bandit Sought
Posted: 4:32 PM
- A Fremont woman visiting Omaha had an unwelcome surprise. While dining out downtown, her wallet was stolen, credit cards and all.
Volunteers Stepping Up at Open Door Mission
Updated: 5:15 PM
- At the Open Door Mission, work has already begun to help feed those in need this Thanksgiving.
Friday's Hour-By-Hour Forecast
Updated: 8:32 AM
- Clouds will increase Friday leading to areas of drizzle after 4 p.m.
Gearing up for the WOWT Holiday Food Drive
Updated: 1:09 PM
- WOWT News is teaming up with Hy-Vee to help stock the shelves for the St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry. Last year, the food raised lasted through April, and this year, the challenge is to bring in more donations.
Loud Music Leads To Drug Operation, Two Arrested
Updated: 6:52 PM
- A complaint about loud music that sent police to a Ralston apartment Friday morning led to the discovery of drugs and the arrest of two people.
Goldy The Gopher & Faux Pelini Make Wager In Minnesota vs NU Game
Updated: 1:35 PM
- A tweet exchange between Faux Pelini and the University of Minnesota mascot, Goldy the Gopher has ended in a friendly wager and a make-shift trophy on the line for Saturday's game.
Stolen Vehicle Hits House, Two Arrested
Updated: 2:45 PM
- Two suspects are in custody and two more are on the run after a car slammed into two homes near 52nd & Bedford early Friday morning.
More Headlines From The News You Trust