Headlines From The News You Trust
Computer Recycling This Thursday
- For many families, it's time to do some spring cleaning; those who come across old electronics are in luck. WOWT NBC Omaha and Goodwill are teaming up, again, to offer Drive for Drives -- a recycling event.
Primary Looms for Candidates and Issues
- When Gallup asked what people thought was the most important problem facing the country this month the answer was the economy. That’s the topic of a Tuesday night forum for U.S. Senate candidates in Nebraska.
La Vista Eyes Vision 84 Sales Tax Bump
- La Vista voters will soon decide the fate of a sales tax bump to help fuel Vision 84, a sweeping redevelopment project.
Firefighters Train On The Jaws of Life
- Most know the plier-like devices as the jaws of life, but to these fire fighters they're tools called cutters and spreaders.
Tuesday evening firefighters from across the Metro took a four hour class with experts on using the tools.
Omaha fire Captain Tim Jackson said the practice goes a long way.
"Some of it comes from experience but technology is changing all of the time and so then you are going to run into things that are going to be new that you don't normally have," said Cpt. Tim Jackson.
Update: Support Offered for Bar Worker Linked to Fatal Crash
- An Omaha woman, convicted of procuring alcohol for a minor in a case that led to a deadly crash, was sentenced Tuesday to 30 days in jail.
Carjacking Suspect Will Stand Trial
- The teenager accused of carjacking a woman and her son will stand trial.
Lincoln Police Investigate Child Abuse Case
- A young man is in jail tonight accused of child abuse.
Omaha Man Arrested for 9th DUI
- Lancaster County Sheriff's deputies arrested an Omaha man for his 8th DUI on Friday.
Fraud Suspect Sought
- Investigators need help finding a fraud suspect. They say he bought and expensive laptop from the WalMart near Gretna using a stolen credit card number.
Convict Caught in Legal Limbo
- A Nebraska man is lost in legal limbo. He was sentenced to both state & federal prison for drug offenses, but can't seem to get to either.
More Headlines From The News You Trust