Moody's Downgrades Omaha Bond Rating
Citing unfunded pensions, health care costs for retirees, unsettled labor contracts, and the federally mandated sewer separation project, Moody's Investment Service downgraded Omaha's bond rating Thursday.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Surveillance Video Captures Beloved Cat Being Taken
- South Omaha business owners want their cat back after two girls caught on camera take it when it was outside.
Iowa Mission Family Agrees to Self-Quarantine
- An Iowa mother is concerned about a student at her daughter's high school traveling to Africa next month for a mission trip. She doesn’t think the girl should be allowed back to school when she returns.
Update: Frat Members Arrested After Teen's Drinking Death
- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has suspended its chapter of FarmHouse fraternity following a university police investigation into events leading up to the death of a UNL freshman in early September.
On Thursday, a UNL Police Department investigation resulted in the arrests of four FarmHouse members on suspicion of procuring alcohol for a minor resulting in injury or death, a felony. Three other students were cited with misdemeanors.
The fraternity is suspended immediately and indefinitely, Franco said. Freshman members of FarmHouse will not be allowed to reside in the fraternity house at 3601 Apple St.; those students will reside in university residence halls.
Arrests Made In Elaborate Omaha Car Theft Ring
- WOWT 6 News Fact Finders uncovered new details and arrests Thursday linked to an elaborate and large scale car theft operation. It’s a story WOWT has been following the closely since Spring 2013.
"Recycled Rides" Winner Overcomes Odds To Succeed
- A young woman who has overcome some intense obstacles is reaping the benefits of her perseverance.
Update: Omaha School Bus Window Damaged Thursday Afternoon
- Omaha Police report that the initial investigation indicates that a shot from a pellet gun damaged the back window of an Omaha School Bus Thursday afternoon.
Update: Mayor, Police Chief To Testify In Police Union Court Case
- Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert and Police Chief Todd Schmaderer will be called to testify in a court case filed by the Omaha Police Union.
Update: Bond Set For Two Arrested In Deadly Home Invasion
- An armed man who allegedly broke into a Bellevue apartment was shot and killed Saturday night. Thursday morning bond is set for the two young men arrested for aiding the dead suspect in a robbery.
Update: Man Who Stabbed Officer Pleads Guilty
- The man who allegedly stabbed Omaha Police Officer Sophia Jordan has plead guilty to charges filed against him.
Doane College Announces Scholarships
- Doane College announced a partnership today with the TeamMates Mentoring Program that would provide scholarship assistance to those participating in the program.
More Headlines From The News You Trust