Headlines From The News You Trust
Keep TV Free
- WOWT NBC Omaha is joining television stations across the nation in asking for your help. Congress is, right now, considering legislation that puts FREE TV in jeopardy.
State Sued Over Requirement To Attend AA Meetings
Posted: 6:27 AM
- A Fremont man is suing the state of Nebraska, saying his constitutional rights were violated when he was required to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings even though he objected to the organization's religious foundation.
Midwest Economy Hits A Snag
Posted: 8:03 AM
- A monthly economic survey index for nine Midwestern and Plains states has slumped after hitting a three-year high a month earlier. The report issued Friday says the overall Mid-America Business Conditions Index dropped more than 3.5 percentage points in July to 57.0. The index had risen slightly in June to 60.6.
Update: Woman Convicted Of Kidnapping
Posted: 6:43 AM
- A jury in Madison, Wisconsin Thursday found a woman guilty of kidnapping a newborn and leaving him outside an Iowa gas station last February.
Man Arrested For Child Abuse In Death Of 1-Year-Old
- An Omaha man was booked Wednesday night for felony child abuse resulting in the death of a child.
Boys Town Sexual Assault Allegation Investigated
- A Boys Town resident has made a sexual assault allegation against another resident and Boys Town put up the bail money for the defendant.
Drugs, Guns Found In Home With Children
- A woman has been booked on child neglect and drug charges after a warrant was served on her Omaha home. Two men were also cited.
Heartland Experts Say Ebola Isn't A Concern At Home
- Heartland experts want people to be on high alert. This year's Ebola outbreak is causing concern because of its magnitude and severity.
Pilger Showing Signs of Rebirth
- After weeks of peeling away the wreckage left in the path of a massive storm, the signs of rebirth are surfacing in PIlger.
Sun Shines On Blair Business
- It's been nearly two months since severe storms ravaged through the area.
More Headlines From The News You Trust