Ebola Patient Free Of Virus, Will Be Released Wednesday
Updated: 8:09 AM
Nebraska Medicine reports that Ashoka Mukpo no longer has the Ebola virus in his bloodstream and is free to head back to his home state of Rhode Island. He will be released from the hospital on Wednesday.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Speed Zapper: Orchard & 193rd
Posted: 8:28 AM
- A WOWT 6 News viewer is concerned about how drivers are using his neighborhood as a "cut-through" to avoid traffic.
Speed Zapper: Education Creates Change
Updated: 8:29 AM
- The WOWT 6 News Speed Zapper crew, and our viewers, have witnessed a lot of traffic no-nos over the past several weeks.
Traffic Causes Hundreds Of Dollars In Lost Productivity
Posted: 7:31 AM
- A new study out this month shows that the cost of traffic is sky-high for most American families.
Cub Scouts to Host "Fall Harvest Day Camp"
Updated: 8:18 AM
- While elementary schools are not is session this Friday, October 24, Cub Scouts and families are invited to our Fall Harvest Day Camp from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Adams Community Center located at 3230 John Creighton Blvd. in Omaha, NE.
Pellet Gun Confiscated At Nathan Hale Middle School
- Nathan Hale Middle School Principal Darin Williams confirms that a pellet gun was confiscated at the school Tuesday.
Update: Council Bluffs Home Demolished After Second Fire
Updated: 5:16 AM
- Medics tell WOWT 6 News one person was taken to the hospital with critical injuries connected to an early morning house fire in Council Bluffs.
Four More Weeks For Fire Union Contract Negotiations
- At Tuesday's City Council meeting they discussed a proposed contract to cover 2015, 2016, and 2017.
Key points include the city is offering a two percent pay raise for firefighters in each of the next three years starting in 2015.
Health Care Providers: Oftentimes, Targets of Harassment
- It is not uncommon for doctors, nurses, etc., to receive vicious threats from patients. One doctor, speaks of his own, terrifying experience.
Phony Landlord Has A New Residence
- A suspected con man exposed by Fact Finders has been located. His victims worried he might get away with tricking them out of rent money.
Corrections Director Corrects Legislative Panel
- Did Nebraska State Senators prevent all the facts from being told when a special committee investigating the Corrections Department held its last hearing? That suggestion was made Tuesday in a letter from the Director of Corrections to the Chairman of the special committee, Senator Steve Lathrop.
More Headlines From The News You Trust