Remembering Andrea Kruger a Year Later
13 mins ago
Wednesday marked one year to the day since Andrea Kruger was murdered just outside the city limits becoming the fourth victim of a spree killer.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Keep TV Free
- WOWT NBC Omaha is joining television stations across the nation in asking for your help. Congress is, right now, considering legislation that puts FREE TV in jeopardy.
Mayor Pardons Sal the Pig
Posted: 6:31 PM
- WOWT NBC Omaha is once again a proud sponsor of the Salvation Army Baconfest in a few weeks and on Wednesday, one little pig was breathing easier after some welcome words from the mayor.
Student Hit By Car
Updated: 5:19 PM
- A 17-year-old boy was seriously injured when he was hit by a car in Papillion Wednesday morning.
Dunkings Target ALS Research
Posted: 6:41 PM
- The weather was hot and perfect Wednesday for the ice bucket challenge. One of them took on an extraordinary meaning.
Southside Terrace Eyed for Demolition
Updated: 5:19 PM
- The Omaha Housing Authority has demolished most of its high-density housing developments over the years. Now there’s only one large development left and there are plans to raze the giant low-income housing development.
Lighters Stolen From Convenience Store
Posted: 5:18 PM
- An Omaha convenience store clerk says she was ripped off by a customer she was trying to help. Police are looking for him.
Update: Sentence Handed Down in Decade-Old Murder Case
Updated: 4:32 PM
- James Cain Harris was been found guilty of First Degree Murder in a decade-old murder case in July, on Wednesday he learned that he will spend the rest of his life in prison.
Update: Shooting Victim Identified
Updated: 3:40 PM
- Omaha Police have identified the victim of a Wednesday morning shooting as 49-year-old Theonis Jacobs. He was critically injured but he was listed in stable condition Wednesday afternoon.
Hope Center Gets a Helping Hand
Posted: 5:17 PM
- The Hope Center picked up an assist from the community Wednesday in clearing away some storm damaged property.
Bankers Take ALS Challenge
Updated: 4:37 PM
- 1st National Bank Employees took the Ice Bucket Challenge Wednesday afternoon.
More Headlines From The News You Trust