Two Arrested in Sanders Murder
Omaha Police have arrested two suspects in the murder of Frank Sanders. Absalom B. Scott, 24, and Rico Larry, 29, have both been taken into custody for First Degree Murder and Use of a Weapon to Commit a Felony.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Keep TV Free
- WOWT NBC Omaha is joining television stations across the nation in asking for your help. Congress is, right now, considering legislation that puts FREE TV in jeopardy.
Cheap Flight Vouchers Raise Questions
- An offer of cheap airline tickets had travelers across the country connecting with a local business. That put Fact Finders on alert.
Alert Neighbors Help Foil Suspected Crook
- Some suspected burglars gave police a hand Wednesday by leaving their getaway vehicle in the middle of a busy street. Investigators say two men abandoned it at 51st and Center and ran. One was arrested. The other is on the loose.
Competition Salutes National Hot Dog Day
- Every dog has its day and Wednesday was the day for the hot dog. It was National Hot Dog Day.
Police Bag Fleeing Woman in Doughnut Aisle
- The long arm of the law reached into the doughnut aisle to take a bite out of crime Wednesday evening.
Gun Lock Giveaway Draws a Crowd
- WOWT 6 and Cabelas teamed up Wednesday in an effort to keep families safe. We had gun locks to give away.
Metro Man Takes-On Hercules
- If you caught the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon Tuesday night you saw a funny bit featuring the star of the new Hercules movie. But you probably didn’t know about the connection to the metro.
Fire Damages Apartment, Bar
- Fire damaged a Louisville, Nebraska bar Wednesday morning.
Weather-Savaged String of Pearls Looking Glum
- Omaha's String of Pearls took a hit from the string of spring storms. The lights that add a glimmer to the city’s welcome mat along Abbott Drive took a beating this season.
Birthday Card Collection for Danny
- Boys Town Pediatrics is helping make a 5-year-old boy's birthday wish come true and you can chip in.
More Headlines From The News You Trust