Headlines From The News You Trust
Sarpy County Expects 47% Voter Turnout
Updated: 11:17 AM
- The Sarpy County Election Commission has announced that its’ prediction for voter turnout in the 2014 Gubernatorial General Election will be 47% in Sarpy County.
Red Oak Man Recovering After Shooting
Updated: 7:13 AM
- Police in Red Oak, Iowa say a 28-year-old man apparently believed a gun wasn't loaded when he accidentally shot himself in the face Wednesday night.
Community Gathering Aims To Reduce Racial Disparities
Updated: 8:30 AM
- There will be a gathering of people interested in working at the grassroots level to reduce racial disparities in the 4 key areas of Poverty, Child Welfare, Education, and Justice Friday, November 7.
Salvation Army Tree of Lights Ceremony
Posted: 8:56 AM
- The Salvation Army and American National Bank welcome the public to the annual Salvation Army Tree of Lights lighting ceremony on Friday, November 7 at 6:00 p.m. at American National Bank, located on the corner of 90th and West Dodge Road.
Open Enrollment Begins Friday In Learning Community School Districts
Posted: 10:42 AM
- Open Enrollment for the 2015-2016 school year begins Friday, Oct. 31. With 11 public school districts in Douglas and Sarpy counties, Open Enrollment gives parents choices
UNO Women In IT Initiative Surpasses Fundraising Goal
Posted: 10:00 AM
- The University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) College of Information Science and Technology (IS&T)’s Women in IT Initiative announced Thursday that it has surpassed its goal of raising $400,000 to be used towards encouraging women to invest in information technology education and careers.
Update: Police Chase Becomes River Rescue
Updated: 6:26 AM
- Investigators in Council Bluffs tell WOWT 6 News a man who went missing after a high-speed pursuit in Iowa and river rescue in the Missouri River has not been located.
Highway Project Update
Posted: 10:31 AM
- Highway opening ceremony announced.
Plea In Chase Case
Posted: 10:38 AM
- A driver who lead on a car chase pled guilty to a felony this week.
Governor Testifies On Miscalculated Sentence Controversy
- Gov. Dave Heineman spent 7 hours testifying Wednesday before a legislative committee investigating Nebraska's prison problems.
More Headlines From The News You Trust