Mom Reflects On Son's Bear Claw Sojourn
Updated: 8:30 AM
Somewhere in the middle of Kael Ireland’s 15 minutes of fame, the clock stopped and his share of fame’s pie kept on swelling. His mom says she has an adventurous little boy.
Headlines From The News You Trust
No One Hurt In Council Bluffs Crash
Updated: 6:51 AM
- No one was hurt when two SUVs collided in Council Bluffs Thursday morning.
Benson JROTC Heading To Normandy For 70th D-Day Anniversary
13 mins ago
- The Benson High School JROTC cadre has reached its fundraising goal for a long-planned trip to Normandy, France for the 70th anniversary of D-Day.
Boxing Champ To Show Title Belt To Students
41 mins ago
- Lightweight boxing champion Terence Crawford of Omaha will display his title belt publicly for the first time Monday at Miller Park Elementary School.
UNK Plans $400-$500 Million University Village
Posted: 8:09 AM
- A football practice field and a cornfield will be transformed into a new University Village in Kearney over the next 10 to 20 years. The 104-acre development will be nearly as big as the main campus of the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
Student Arrested, Threatened To Blow Up School After Shooting People
Posted: 6:20 AM
- A 17-year-old boy is accused of writing a threatening message on a bathroom wall at a high school in east-central Iowa. It said he was going to blow up the school on Thursday, but only after shooting as many people as possible before committing suicide.
Lincoln Flasher Sought
26 mins ago
- Police are looking for the man who allegedly exposed himself to a teenage girl in Lincoln.
Doctor Mistakes Affects 12 Million Per Year
Posted: 8:00 AM
- At least one in every 20 adults who seeks medical care in a U.S. emergency room or community health clinic may walk away with the wrong diagnosis, according to a new analysis that estimates that 12 million Americans a year could be affected by such errors.
Jenkins Pleads No Contest To All Charges
- Nikko Jenkins plead no contest Wednesday to four counts of first-degree murder, four counts of use of a deadly weapon and six counts of possession of a deadly weapon.
Update: Arrest Made In Gallagher Park Shooting
- Omaha police announced Wednesday that 21-year-old Dennis Brewer has been arrested for Monday night's murder of 18-year-old Tielor Williams.
Update: Unruly Jet Passenger Remains Behind Bars
- A California man who forced the unscheduled landing of a commercial jet in Omaha over the weekend will remain behind bars until his next hearing on April 24. In a court appearance Wednesday, Joshua Suggs told a magistrate, “I wasn’t trying to harm anybody.”
More Headlines From The News You Trust