Storms Put Damper On Omaha Storm Chasers Matchup
Updated: 2:28 AM
Sunday's storms did their best to put a damper on Labor Day weekend plans, including an Omaha Storm Chasers game at Werner Park. But it took more than rain to turn folks into fair weather fans.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Iowa Firm Selling New Pure Vodka in the State
- An Iowa company hopes its corn-based vodka will succeed because of a new process that eliminates impurities in the finished liquor.
Memorial Blood Drive Honors Teacher
- Today dozens of people gathered for a memorial blood drive to honor Jim Johnston. Last spring Jim passed away after being hit by a car while riding his bike.
Armed Robber Disarmed By Store Clerk
- An armed man who threatened an Omaha convenience store clerk Sunday morning fled the scene without his gun after the clerk took it away from him.
Teens Sought In Carjacking
- Two teenagers are being sought for stealing a car at gunpoint Saturday night.
Head-On Collision Closes Interstate 80
- A head-on collision closed a stretch of Interstate 80 in Council Bluffs Sunday morning.
Update: Motorcyclist Dies Of Crash Injuries
- A motorcyclist critically injured in a Council Bluffs accident Saturday afternoon later died.
What To Consider Before Buying A Vehicle For Your Child
- Choosing a vehicle for your child can be challenging, especially when all they are concerned about is what type of sound system it has inside. Here are a few tips for you to think about before you buy.
Iowa Driving Instructors Have Criminal Past, Received Traffic Citations
- At least 10 driving instructors licensed in Iowa have criminal records or driving infractions in their past, but they've been allowed to keep working.
Omaha Trash Collection On Holiday Schedule
- Get your garbage in a holiday mode. Omaha’s Public Works Department says there will be no garbage, recyclable material or yard waste collection on the Labor Day Holiday, Monday, September 1st.
Teens Assaulted, Cell Phones Stolen In Separate Incidents
- Police in Lincoln are investigating separate assaults where cell phones were taken Sunday morning.
Shooting Victim In Serious Condition, Two Arrested
- Two suspects were arrested in connection with a shooting Friday night that sent a man to the Nebraska Medical Center in serious condition.
Man Shot To Death In Lincoln
- Lincoln police are investigating the shooting death of a 21-year-old man Saturday morning.
Husker Fans Ready for Kickoff of New Season
- The game reached a fever pitch in Omaha for all the fans that couldn't make it to Lincoln, the first game of the year brought out Husker faithful in force.
Husker Fans Out Early To Tailgate
- Husker fans have been waiting all summer to get back out to Memorial Stadium and watch the game from their tailgate.
Safely Navigating Game Day In Lincoln
- The Nebraska State Patrol is expecting over 150,000 people will make their way to Lincoln for the big game, and they are doing everything they can to keep everyone safe.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines