Headlines From The News You Trust
NMC/UNMC Announce Major Expansion
Updated: 2:17 PM
- The Nebraska Medical Center and University of Nebraska Medical Center will add a new outpatient center to its midtown campus and Village Pointe location.
Closing The Gap? Dramatic Difference in Iowa Gov. Polls
Updated: 3:19 PM
- Iowa's Democratic Governor candidate Jack Hatch's team says the state senator is closing the gap. A new poll shows incumbent Gov. Terry Branstad with a diminishing lead. But a poll collected just days earlier shows a much wider gap with a tighter margin of error.
Rain Returns For Tuesday
Updated: 5:23 PM
- A quiet evening will turn wet and unsettled for Tuesday. A weather system will be approaching the Heartland tonight and it promises to produce scattered showers and storms on Tuesday.
Knicely Done: Lilly's Birthday Gift To Others
Updated: 6:44 PM
- Lilly Maddox decided to do things a little different for her 9th birthday celebration.
Missouri Valley Man Killed in Crash
Updated: 11:38 AM
- A 45-year old Missouri Valley man was killed Friday night in a motorcycle crash. The Harrison County Sheriff’s Office reports that Blake Shipman left the road on a curve about 6:55 p.m. 3 miles west of Woodbine.
Plane En Route To LA Makes Emergency Stop In Omaha
Updated: 12:55 PM
- A plane headed to LA from Boston made an emergency landing in Omaha on Monday morning, because of a passenger with a medical condition.
Ralston Arena Accepting ‘Beef Jerky For The Troops’
Posted: 3:59 PM
- In conjunction with the non-profit organization Aaron’s Gifts From Home, the Ralston Arena has teamed up with Omaha artist Chad Lee to send a collection of sealed bags and cans of beef jerky to troops overseas.
Rare Element Deposit Found In Nebraska
Posted: 5:23 PM
- This summer's drilling to explore a deposit of a rare heat-resistant element in southeast Nebraska prompted a Canadian mining firm to increase its estimate of the deposit's size.
Man Can’t Lift Vending Machine (But Thieves Can)
Posted: 11:11 AM
- A business owner called police to report the theft of a newly purchased vending machine. He told Omaha police officers that he left the machine outside of his building overnight after being unable to lift it himself. By the time he returned the next day, it was gone.
Man Killed in Crash in Heavy Rain
Posted: 10:43 AM
- A 38-year-old man was killed Saturday morning after losing control on a curve during heavy rain. The Cass County, Nebraska sheriff’s office says Kevin J. Light of Murray left the road and rolled his car several times.
Inmate Dies at Lincoln Correctional Center
Updated: 3:11 PM
- Just one month into his life sentence for murder, a Nebraska inmate is found dead in his prison cell.
NRC Offers Public Update on Fort Calhoun Station
Posted: 1:58 PM
- Nuclear regulators plan to offer the public an update on the performance of a Nebraska nuclear plant since it restarted last year after a prolonged outage.
Library Shooting Believed to be Suicide
Posted: 1:44 PM
- Ralston Police and the Douglas County Sheriff's Office responded to reports of a shooting Sunday afternoon. A male victim was found dead in his vehicle outside of the Ralston Public Library.
Vacant House Fire Jumps To Neighboring Home
Updated: 7:01 AM
- Omaha firefighters rushed to the scene of a vacant house fire twice Monday morning.
Two Deaths In Crash
Posted: 9:29 AM
- Two die in crash Sunday evening in western Cass County.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines