6 mins ago
Authorities responded to an apartment fire at 48th and Harrison shortly before 5:30 Friday night.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Update: Father Of Wandering Toddler Identified By Police
Posted: 2:22 PM
- Police have identified a little girl found wandering the street alone in south Omaha Wednesday morning. Later that same day, police found siblings of the girl and all the children are now in temporary foster care.
Credit Card Bandit Sought
Posted: 4:32 PM
- A Fremont woman visiting Omaha had an unwelcome surprise. While dining out downtown, her wallet was stolen, credit cards and all.
Man Who Allegedly Beat Woman To Death Headed To Trial
Updated: 2:41 PM
- John Gomez will head to trial for allegedly beating 76-year-old Mary McAndrews to death in her home in September.
Volunteers Stepping Up at Open Door Mission
Updated: 5:15 PM
- At the Open Door Mission, work has already begun to help feed those in need this Thanksgiving.
Friday's Hour-By-Hour Forecast
Updated: 8:32 AM
- Clouds will increase Friday leading to areas of drizzle after 4 p.m.
Gearing up for the WOWT Holiday Food Drive
Updated: 1:09 PM
- WOWT News is teaming up with Hy-Vee to help stock the shelves for the St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry. Last year, the food raised lasted through April, and this year, the challenge is to bring in more donations.
Loud Music Leads To Drug Operation, Two Arrested
Updated: 12:51 PM
- A complaint about loud music that sent police to a Ralston apartment Friday morning led to the discovery of drugs and the arrest of two people.
Goldy The Gopher & Faux Pelini Make Wager In Minnesota vs NU Game
Updated: 1:35 PM
- A tweet exchange between Faux Pelini and the University of Minnesota mascot, Goldy the Gopher has ended in a friendly wager and a make-shift trophy on the line for Saturday's game.
Stolen Vehicle Hits House, Two Arrested
Updated: 2:45 PM
- Two suspects are in custody and two more are on the run after a car slammed into two homes near 52nd & Bedford early Friday morning.
Driver Seriously Hurt In I-480 Crash
Updated: 2:48 PM
- A woman driving a silver SUV was seriously hurt in a crash along I-480 near downtown Omaha Friday morning.
Taco Dinner Benefits Grief-Stricken Family
- All proceeds go to the family of 12 year-old, Demariont'e Brown-Elliot.
Metro Banks Hit Hard by Thieves
- Thieves have been hammering metro banks and credit unions this fall. At least 17 of them have been robbed, many at gunpoint - all shook the nerves of customers and employees.
Update: Robbery Suspect Caught
- Omaha Police believe they can tie a felon with a history of robbery to two bank robberies over the last week. Thursday night, they announced his arrest.
$1.3 Million iPad Donation For Millard Public School Students
Updated: 2:51 PM
- The Millard Public Schools Foundation Board voted unanimously Thursday evening to donate $1.3 million to Millard Public Schools for the purchase of 2,500 iPads. This donation will put five iPads in all 482 elementary classrooms throughout the district.
UNL Room And Board Costs Increased For Incoming Students
Updated: 10:57 AM
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln officials have passed a five-year plan that will increase room and board costs for students.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines