Headlines From The News You Trust
Keep TV Free
- WOWT NBC Omaha is joining television stations across the nation in asking for your help. Congress is, right now, considering legislation that puts FREE TV in jeopardy.
Mailbox Thieves Target Bosnian Family
Updated: 6:19 AM
- An immigrant family escaped a war and came to Omaha, but their identities aren't safe even in America.
First Responders Train For Water Rescues
Updated: 3:16 AM
- We've already seen the need for water rescues this summer along the Elkhorn and Platte rivers. Sunday night, another large-scale training exercise had first responders going through the motions.
Discount Tickets Available For A Christmas Story
Posted: 10:11 AM
- It's not a "major award," but it is a very special offer for WOWT 6 News fans: discount tickets to see A Christmas Story at The Rose.
Alegent Creighton Health Hosts Annual Junior Wheelchair Sports Camp
Posted: 8:39 AM
- The Annual Junior Wheelchair Sports and Recreation Camp sponsored by Alegent Creighton Health starts this week. The camp is free and provides youth with physical disabilities the opportunity to play golf, shoot hoops, practice archery and swim. Physical therapists from the Alegent Creighton Health Immanuel Rehabilitation Center, with the help of volunteers, offer children (ages five through high school) the opportunity to participate in group sports with their peers and make new friends.
Tornado-Stricken Nebraska Town Gets Some Iowa Help
Posted: 8:50 AM
- The Sioux City school district is donating excess desks, tables and shelving units to help out some northeast Nebraska students whose middle school in Pilger was heavily damaged by a tornado.
Couple Seen Using Missing EBT Card
- WOWT 6 Crime Stoppers is seeking help identifying two people who used an EBT card to buy groceries. The problem is that the card did not belong to him.
The Gifted Governor Of Nebraska
- When you're Nebraska governor, the gifts just keep coming. Gov. Dave Heineman reports he received 255 gifts last year, an average of nearly five gifts a week.
Milder Week Ahead
- It will be mostly clear overnight with the winds slackening off and lows dropping to around 60 degrees.
Students Re-Imagined Artwork Set For Display
Posted: 7:51 AM
- Creative skills have been put to the test, now it's time from students from BGCM STEM (boys and Girls Clubs of the Midlands Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Academy to showcase their talents.
Best Comic Book Stores In The World Found In Australia And Omaha
- Of all the comic book stores worldwide only two can claim the honor of being best in the world and one of the winners is in Omaha.
Castle Car Classic
- More than 50 vintage and classic cars were on display Sunday at Omaha’s Joslyn Castle.
Lower-Income Students Getting Shut Out Of Sports
Posted: 7:59 AM
- A study by the University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital found that 61 percent of respondents reported paying to participate in middle school and high school sports.
Fist Bump Your Doctor? Study Says It's Less Germy
Posted: 7:55 AM
- Could a fist bump be a cleaner, better way for people to greet each other, especially in germy hospitals? British researchers have done an experiment that seems to say yes.
Nebraska Man Dies After Motorcycle Crashes
Posted: 8:44 AM
- A 60-year-old Broken Bow man has died after his motorcycle ran off a road in central Nebraska.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines