Headlines From The News You Trust
Nice Weekend Continues
Updated: 4:06 PM
- It will be a clear night with temperatures in the middle 50s. Sunday will be sunny with highs in the low to middle 70s.
Former Public Housing Residents Have Back To School Giveaway
Updated: 4:00 PM
- Former residents of Logan Fontenelle Public Housing came together on Saturday to help others in their neighborhood with a back to school giveaway.
Gifford Farm Hosts Fall Festival
Posted: 4:03 PM
- Llamas, chickens and pigs are just a few of the animals to see at the Gifford Farm fall festival.
Update: Suspect Admits to Deadly Shooting
- Prosecutors say 18-year-old Milton Dortch has admitted to the fatal shooting of Omaha jewelry store owner James Minshall. Dortch will remain held without bond.
US Chief Justice Worried About Partisanship
- U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts said he's worried about growing partisanship in the judicial confirmation process and a public perception that the court is a political body.
Letter To CVS CEO: Develop Site At 72nd & Maple NOW!
- Omaha City Council President Pete Festersen issued a letter to the President-CEO of CVS Pharmacy to care for and develop the site owned by CVS at 72nd & Maple or the city would take action against the company.
Fall Fun Kicks Off in the Metro
- The unofficial kick off to the fall season began Friday night in the metro with pumpkins, costumes and haunted houses.
City Orders Pool & Pool House Fixed Or Demolished
- A new player is taking over a troubled "golf course concept" in west Omaha. But before moving forward, the city is ordering that the future of a water hazard be decided.
Iowa Republican Young Cancels Television Ads
- Republican David Young has canceled some television airtime reserved for advertisements in his bid for Iowa's 3rd congressional district, according to documents filed with the Federal Communications Commission this week.
Enterovirus D68 Enters Douglas County
- The Douglas County Health Department says they've confirmed the area's first case of the enterovirus D68. It’s been making children sick across much of the country and now appears to be here.
Venue Hearing Set In ex-Penn State President Suit
- A federal judge has scheduled a Nov. 14 hearing to determine whether former Penn State president Graham Spanier's defamation suit against former FBI director Louis Freeh should be heard in federal court or in Centre County where it was filed.
Iowa Buying Club Victims To Receive Checks
- The state of Iowa has started mailing out 374,000 refund checks to residents who were tricked into signing up for buying club memberships, Attorney General Tom Miller said Friday.
Union Accuses Prison of "Major Security Breach"
- A union representing correctional officers calls the discovery of hundreds of pills inside a prison a "major security breach."
'Hole In One' Good Fundraiser For Wounded Warriors
- The Bellevue Fire Department dusted off their golf clubs for their annual fundraising tournament.
Percussion a Hit With Students
- WOWT 6 News was out at Mary Our Queen Friday morning in southwest Omaha to sample the sounds of Omaha Street Percussion.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines