Headlines From The News You Trust
Man Grabs Child Outside School, Girl Able To Escape
Updated: 9:32 AM
- Police are looking for the man who allegedly grabbed a girl outside of a Lincoln elementary school Thursday afternoon. The 9-year-old was able to get free and run inside the building for help.
Boy Runs From Stranger Asking For Help Finding Dog
Updated: 9:31 AM
- A Council Bluffs boy and his family are recovering emotionally after what appeared to be an attempted kidnapping on Thursday.
Handcuffed Teen Escapes From Police
Updated: 7:28 AM
- A teenager escaped from custody as he was being brought to the Adams County Courthouse in Hastings on Thursday.
Omaha Gets Down To Earth
Updated: 9:18 AM
- Omaha's annual Earth Day observance at Elmwood Park includes several new additions this year including a farmer's market and chance to climb the newly crowned state champion white swamp oak tree.
Easter Hunt Adding Thousands More Eggs To Its Basket
Updated: 7:15 AM
- Two years ago, Omaha’s Stinson Park egg hunt had 2,000 eggs. They bumped it up to 5,000 last year and this year, 8,000 eggs will fill the park lawn near 67th and Center on Saturday.
Controlled Burn Gets Out Of Control
Posted: 7:55 AM
- A controlled burn got out of control near Clatonia, Nebraska on Thursday.
Burchard WMA Aquatic Habitat Rehab Complete
Updated: 8:26 AM
- The aquatic habitat rehabilitation project is complete at Burchard Wildlife Management Area, however the reservoir remains low.
Fed Tactics on Trial in Porn Case
- The FBI is on trial, caught in the middle of allegations that it stepped out of bounds by sending what was essentially a virus to unsuspecting computer users.
Murder Victim's Father Returns With Grief and Questions
- A former Omaha man returned to town Thursday to put his son to rest and try to find answers to questions about his one-time home.
Creighton Professor Leads Research For Smart phone Kill Switch Option
- Most people know the feeling of dread that sinks in if their smart phone goes missing.
"I felt like everything was gone at that moment," said Victoria Avila, Creighton University Student.
Let's face it, smart phones nowadays hold as much important information as our wallets do.
"I was really panicked," said Kristine Dodge, Creighton University student.
Maha Music Festival Announces 2014 Lineup
- Death Cab for Cutie is coming to Omaha for the Maha Music Festival.
Man Shot At During Wild Car Chase
- A 58-year-old Omaha man tells police he was shot at twice while delivering papers early last Saturday morning.
Omaha Police Foundation Names "Officer of the Year"
- The 14th annual Omaha Police Foundation luncheon was held today at the Scott Conference Center on the UNO campus.
Man Makes Strange Discovery In Driveway
- An Omaha man made a strange discovery in his driveway after a car was spotted driving away.
Prom is for Everyone at Bellevue East
- Thursday brought a special night for a group of special students at Bellevue East High School. They had their very own prom.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines