Update: Woodmen Tower Evacuated

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

A carbon monoxide leak at the Woodmen Tower caused an evacuation over the lunch hour on Thursday. Around 3 p.m., fire investigators allowed employees back into the tower. The World building will remain evacuated until Friday.

Official CO detectors were at 60-parts-per-million. Firefighters say they typically evacuate a building when the number is 9-parts-per-million.

The problem originated in the boiler room of the World building, which is connected to the tower. Investigators say the boiler had exhaust problems.

Two people were taken to the hospital with CO poisoning symptoms.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 184308321