Woman, Kids Displaced By Fire

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

An Omaha woman and her three kids are receiving help from the Red Cross after a fire forced them from their home Thursday afternoon.

It happened near 18th and Spencer, around 5:15 p.m.

Firefighters say the woman was cooking and left the food unattended. A fire started in the kitchen and spread to the closest room over.

Firefighters managed to tackle the flames in roughly 5 minutes.

Crews tell WOWT 6 News there is "considerable" smoke damage through the house.

Only the woman was at home at the time of the fire. She escaped without injury.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 253843171 - wowt.com/a?a=253843171