An Omaha woman and her three kids are receiving help from the Red Cross after a fire forced them from their home Thursday afternoon.
It happened near 18th and Spencer, around 5:15 p.m.
Firefighters say the woman was cooking and left the food unattended. A fire started in the kitchen and spread to the closest room over.
Firefighters managed to tackle the flames in roughly 5 minutes.
Crews tell WOWT 6 News there is "considerable" smoke damage through the house.
Only the woman was at home at the time of the fire. She escaped without injury.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.