Woman Hospitalized As Fire Damages Apartment

By: The Associated Press, KOLN Email
By: The Associated Press, KOLN Email

A woman was hospitalized after a kitchen fire heavily damaged her Lincoln apartment Wednesday evening.

The fire was reported near South 26th and J streets around 6:20 p.m. Acting Lincoln Fire & Rescue Battalion Chief Brian Giles said crews arrived within minutes to find heavy smoke. “Very dark, dirty, brown smoke.”

Lincoln Police Capt. Danny Reitan says firefighters found the unresponsive woman as they searched the second-floor unit. Her name hasn't been released.

Fire investigator Damon Robbins says the fire started on the stove. A neighbor said he “heard a small explosion, like a boom.”


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 262859631 - wowt.com/a?a=262859631