Firefighters battled a blaze at a West Omaha home Thursday afternoon. The first crews on the scene reported that the back of the house was fully engulfed.
The house is on Tammy Trail, near 185th and Q.
Firefighters were hampered by a lack of access to water. An incoming truck was told to hook-up to a hydrant three blocks from the house.
The blaze has been linked to a deep-fat-fryer being used on the deck. We're told the hot grease bubbled over, caught the deck on fire and the flames then spread to the home.
There were no reports of injuries.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.