Use Caution With Space Heaters

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

With bitterly cold temperatures, many people are adding heat sources inside their residence. The Omaha Fire Department urges caution when using a space heater.

Often times heaters can spark a fire if placed too close to any flammable material. New space heaters use new technology and are safer than previous models, but any heat source can start a fire.

“It's always a good idea to make sure that if you're using space heaters or other heating means that you have these areas clear of any combustibles that could catch fire and cause a fire,” says OFD Battalion Chief Timothy Gilman.

It's also a good idea to make sure not to overload too many plugs-ins into one outlet.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 184960921 - wowt.com/a?a=184960921