Update: Electrical Malfunction Started Mercer Mansion Fire

By: WOWT 6 News
By: WOWT 6 News

Fire investigators said Monday that the fire at an Omaha landmark started with an electrical fault.

Firefighters were called to the historic Mercer Mansion, near 40th and Cuming, early Saturday afternoon. The building has been converted to apartments. The fire started inside a wall in one of the apartments.

The building had light smoke damage and minimal water damage. Fire crews were careful to make sure the fire hadn't spread further into the walls or attic.

Damage is estimated at $50,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 256047591 - wowt.com/a?a=256047591