Update: Dryer Sparks House Fire

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

A clothes dryer is being blamed for a house fire Sunday near 130th and O Streets.

By the time firefighters arrived, the homeowner and his son had escaped. They reported that the dryer was on fire in the basement.

Firefighters found heavy smoke and a pile of smoldering clothes. Investigators reported that a water line ruptured and appeared to have put out the fire. Firefighters say the cause of the fire was a pillow in the dryer, which shouldn't have been.

Damage is estimated at more than $100,000. The Red Cross was helping the family find a place to stay for the time being.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 192935591 - wowt.com/a?a=192935591
Gray Television, Inc.