Three Kids Hospitalized In Lincoln After Scalding

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

Southeast Nebraska authorities say a 4-year-old girl caused a pot of boiling water to be splashed on her and two other children at a home in Barneston.

Medics and deputies were sent to the home a little after 7 p.m. Saturday.

The Gage County Sheriff's Office says a pot of boiling water had been on the stove. When the girl opened the oven door and stepped onto it, the oven tipped over.

That splashed the boiling water onto the girl, a 2-year-old boy and a 2-year-old girl.

Fire officials described the children's injuries as severe. The children were taken to a Lincoln hospital.

Their names and conditions have not been released.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 127764368 - wowt.com/a?a=127764368