Teen Warns Family of House Fire

By: Ann McIntire Email
By: Ann McIntire Email

Fire officials say a 14-year-old Lincoln boy battled flames after alerting his mom and sisters to a fire at their home east of downtown Lincoln.

No injuries were reported in Friday's fire.

Officials say Trevor Tracy heard the fire alarm go off around 2:30 a.m. and warned his mom and his sisters, who are 13 and 10. His dad, Dick Tracy, was at work.

Trevor used a fire extinguisher to put out flames on the enclosed back porch but had to leave the house when he realized there were flames in the ceiling above him.

Fire investigator Rick Campos said Monday that a space heater that had run for several hours drew so much current that it overheated a wire that was touching some wood in the ceiling.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 184699241 - wowt.com/a?a=184699241
Gray Television, Inc.