Fire officials say a 14-year-old Lincoln boy battled flames after alerting his mom and sisters to a fire at their home east of downtown Lincoln.
No injuries were reported in Friday's fire.
Officials say Trevor Tracy heard the fire alarm go off around 2:30 a.m. and warned his mom and his sisters, who are 13 and 10. His dad, Dick Tracy, was at work.
Trevor used a fire extinguisher to put out flames on the enclosed back porch but had to leave the house when he realized there were flames in the ceiling above him.
Fire investigator Rick Campos said Monday that a space heater that had run for several hours drew so much current that it overheated a wire that was touching some wood in the ceiling.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.