Sunday Breakfast Sparks Omaha House Fire

By: WOWT 6 News Email
By: WOWT 6 News Email

An Omaha family was displaced following a fire that sparked while they were making breakfast Sunday morning.

The fire was reported around 7:45 a.m. Sunday near 57th Avenue and Ellison Avenue. Investigators said four people were inside when the fire started. All of them were able to get out, unharmed.

It only took crews about ten minutes to put out the fire, which was started on the kitchen stove by grease. Damage to the home is estimated at around $20,000.

The American Red Cross was called to the scene to help the family with any immediate needs.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 251941861 - wowt.com/a?a=251941861
Gray Television, Inc.