Stunning Death at Public Pool

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

A young girl dies at a public pool, but not from drowning. The tragedy is both sad and stunning. First responders say Lauren Cecil of Lexington, North Carolina was electrocuted.

It happened at the Brookside Swim Club Tuesday evening. A lifeguard heard a loud pop and watched a power line fall into the grass next to the pool. Davidson County authorities say the electricity traveled to everything around it including the pool.

When the 11-year-old Lauren grabbed a metal ladder, she was electrocuted. Lifeguards and first responders had a difficult time getting to her because of the electrified pool.

Two other girls were able to safely get out of the pool.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 215840241 - wowt.com/a?a=215840241