Small Fire Leaves Big Problem

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

A small, smoldering fire in an Omaha home took only minutes to extinguish Saturday morning, but left a lot of damage.

When firefighters arrived at South 48th Avenue and U Street they encountered heavy smoke in the basement, but few flames. Heat from the fire apparently caused a water pipe to break. There were several inches of standing water on the basement floor.

All four people inside the house got out safely and the Red Cross is helping them.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 248009461 - wowt.com/a?a=248009461