A small, smoldering fire in an Omaha home took only minutes to extinguish Saturday morning, but left a lot of damage.
When firefighters arrived at South 48th Avenue and U Street they encountered heavy smoke in the basement, but few flames. Heat from the fire apparently caused a water pipe to break. There were several inches of standing water on the basement floor.
All four people inside the house got out safely and the Red Cross is helping them.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.