Fire units dispatched to No Frills Supermarket this morning in Plattsmouth.
The 911 dispatch report said there were small explosions and sparks near a cooler at the store. Police were first on scene and said there was no active fire but firefighters were needed inside to control the situation and scan the walls with a thermal imager. Murray Volunteer Fire and Rescue was called to standby.
The Cassgram reports fire department command radioed there was another explosion at 6:43am and a complete evacuation of the building was ordered. NPPD and Black Hills Energy were requested to expedite their crews to the scene. The fire department shut off the gas supply at the meter. Plattsmouth Fire Chief Mike Wilson said he believes a faulty gas valve was to blame and once the gas had been shut off the situation was under control. (picture at www.cassgram.com)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.