A midtown Omaha homeowner gets a potentially shocking inspection report from a licensed electrician. A renovation project left a dangerous situation.
Dave Haidley of Tesla Systems found an exposed wire on the fadder switch in her living room. He told Bridget the homeowner that if the switch is off and exposed wire would be hot and she could be shocked or electrocuted. He also found a potential fire hazard in an electrical box in the attic.
Bridget said she paid $800 down for electrical work as part of a larger renovation by Ed Graham's Remodeling. City records show the contractor did not pull a permit and he is not registered with the city as required by ordinance. Also the Nebraska State Electrical Board had no electricians license for Ed Graham and the board said Graham did not return their phone call.
Fact Finders contacted Ed Graham twice and both times the phone disconnected before he could answer questions about the lack of licenses and permits.
However Ed Graham sent several text messages accusing the homeowner Bridget Timmerman of knowing he wasn't a licensed electrician but wanting the work done anyway. Ed Graham claims he gave the homeowner a good deal and that the complaints about his work are an excuse to get out of paying on the rest of the project.
Bridget Timmerman calls that claim ridiculous and said she trusted the contractor followed the law and codes. The contractor did not respond to questions why he is not a licensed electrician yet doing electrical work. Or why he didn't pull permits and register with the city.
Dave Haidley of Tesla Systems has pulled a permit and the licensed electrician is finishing the electrical work on Bridget's house.