Residents Displaced By Apartment Fire

By: KOLN Email
By: KOLN Email

Several residents were displaced by a two-alarm fire at a Lincoln apartment complex Tuesday night.

A carelessly discarded cigarette started the blaze near 16th and Garfield streets. It appears the cigarette first ignited a blanket on the balcony, then spread. Firefighters arrived to find flames coming from the third floor of the building. It took about a half-hour to bring the fire under control.

One apartment sustained fire and smoke damage while surrounding apartments had water damage. Total damage estimates could range anywhere from $30,000 to $100,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 270132141 - wowt.com/a?a=270132141