An 89-year-old Harlan, Iowa man died in a fire Saturday afternoon.
Harlan Fire Chief Roger Bissen said Bernard Wolfe was trapped in his basement by the blaze, which apparently started when a torch Wolfe was using malfunctioned and caught items on fire. Bissen didn't know the official cause of Wolfe's death. The fire was contained to the basement.
Harlan is 25 miles northeast of Council Bluffs.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.