Before you starting a home project involving chemicals, consider what happened in the town of Independence, Iowa Thursday. A house was destroyed while the homeowners were refinishing the floors.
Neighbors reporting hearing an explosion and then aw the flames. Firefighters, who were just one minute away, found the house fully engulfed when they arrived.
Investigators say the homeowners left to run some errands while re-finishing the floors. It appears something ignited the fumes. Strong wind caused more trouble for the firefighters. They hosed off nearby homes to keep the fire from spreading.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.