Ralston Residents Displaced By Fire

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

An improperly discarded cigarette is believed to be the cause of a fire that forced residents from their Ralston home Wednesday morning.

The owners called 911 just before 2 a.m. to report their deck was on fire. It took firefighters from Ralston, La Vista, Papillion and Omaha about 20 minutes to bring the blaze near South 88th and Monroe streets under control. No one was hurt.

"There is quite a bit of extensive damage to the dining and living room interior of the residence,” said Ralston Fire Chief Joe Eischeid. “The Red Cross is on the way to help the homeowners, however they did indicate that they have placement."

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 241443881 - wowt.com/a?a=241443881
Gray Television, Inc.