The mother of an eight year old boy is worried about a health danger after pranksters threw eggs in the family driveway. The youngster is allergic to eggs.
Tammy Strenger said, "I don't think those kids who threw the eggs realize that could land a child in the hospital."
An allergy specialist told Fact Finders that a child doesn't have to eat eggs to have an allergic reaction. Dr. Dan Brooks said, "I think a main concern would be if the egg would dry up and get into the air. You could have some type of asthma attack. ' Dr Brooks also worries about younger children about one or two years old with egg allergies who might put a thrown egg in their month. Dr Brooks said an egg reaction can be potentially fatal.
Tammy Strenger and her family scrubbed the driveway Sunday but she told her five kids to stay inside Monday. Driveways and vehicles at several other homes int he neighborhood near 161st and Q in Omaha were also the target of eggs over the weekend.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.